This Nicklaus Design project opened in August of 2023, and definitely stands out from the typical Florida par 3.
So what makes The Nest unique?
The elevation changes are one of the most distinct features of this new course. Golfers who play Florida par 3 courses can tell you that they typically share one feature — they are mostly flat.
The Nicklaus Design team excavated a 35 acre lake as part of this project. They then used those materials to help shape the course.
Senior designer Chad Goetz highlighted some other course features in an interview with Golf Course Architecture. Those details include:
- Less bunkers than one might expect (5 bunkerless holes)
- Fun slopes that golfers can use strategically
- Greens that are set up to “hold” shots (which may yield more hole-in-ones)
Hole distances range from 100-256 yards with four sets of tees to choose from. There is even a 19th hole with an island green!
Other on-site amenities include:
- Golf simulator bays fitted with Track Man Technology
- 60,000 sq. ft. grass tee on the lighted driving range
- World class teaching area
- Multiple putting greens and practice bunkers
- 30,000 square foot putting course
- An existing 18-hole championship golf course in addition to new Par-3 course
We would love to bring your vision to life. Begin designing your course today.